Log into MyBPU
If you have no electricity at your location, report the outage by logging into the MyBPU App. Customers without the app can download it in the App Store or Google Play.
During a power outage, our automated outage system searches phone numbers we have on file to identify service addresses that are out of power. It’s important?to keep your contact information current!
Tips During an Electric Outage
- Stay away from downed power lines or any type of utility equipment.? Please note the location of the downed line or poles and call Paris BPU.? Even lines that look harmless can be dangerous.
- Make sure that each member of your family knows where your power outage kit (find an example here) is located and what to do if an outage occurs when you’re not 德扑棋牌游戏apphome.
- Turn off all major electrical appliances that were on when the power went off, especially air conditioners or electric heating.? You will want to leave one light switch on so you will know when your power has been restored.
- Food will last much longer in your refrigerator and freezer if the door is not opened.? Please do not open the door to check on the contents. Food can last up to 24 hours if refrigerator/freezer doors remain closed.
- In the event of a major outage caused by an ice storm, tornado or some other natural disaster, Paris BPU will broadcast messages with all information that is available via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram along with local media outlets.
Water Service Outage or Issues
For all water problems, please call (731) 642-1322 and speak with an operator.? Do not leave a voicemail.? Paris BPU should be notified if the customer has no water, low water pressure, discoloration or water quality issues.
If water at the 德扑棋牌游戏apphome needs to be turned off because of burst pipes, leaks, etc., the customer should:
- Attempt to find a cut-off valve on the customer’s side of their water meter and possibly another cut-off valve at the customer’s house or building.
- If the customer does not have or cannot find their cut-off valve(s) and a plumber is on site, the plumber may cut off the water by using the Paris BPU cut off valve located on the Paris BPU side of the water meter.
- If a plumber is not available, the customer may contact Paris BPU during normal business hours. Paris BPU personnel will turn the water off at the Paris BPU water meter.
- After hours and on weekends/holidays, Paris BPU will respond to cut water off only in extreme emergencies. If not an emergency, customer should contact a plumber.
During extreme cold weather periods, please consider the following tips to prevent freezing of water pipes within your 德扑棋牌游戏apphome:
- Make sure the foundation to your house or mobile 德扑棋牌游戏apphome is air-tight and that foundation vents are closed
- Disconnect garden hoses
- Leave a small stream of hot and cold water running from an inside faucet (when temperatures drop below 20 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Make sure you and your family know the location of your 德扑棋牌游戏apphome’s water shut-off valve. If a pipe bursts, shutting off the water promptly can help minimize damage.
Wastewater Service Outage or Issues
When calling (731) 642-1322 to report wastewater problems, please speak with an operator.? Do not leave a voicemail.
Wastewater line blockage DURING BUSINESS HOURS
Call Paris BPU to report the line blockage. Paris BPU personnel will respond to determine if the Paris BPU sewer main has a blockage.? If so, Paris BPU will clear the main.? If the main is clear, the customer will be instructed to call a plumber to unstop the service line.? The customer/plumber is responsible for cleaning the service line from the house all the way to the Paris BPU sewer main (even if the service line extends into or across the street).
Wastewater line blockage AFTER?BUSINESS HOURS (including weekends and holidays)
Call a plumber to clean out the sewer service line all the way to the main.? Once the service line is cleaned and a blockage still exists, call Paris BPU to report the problem.? Paris BPU personnel will respond to address any problems with the main sewer line.? The Paris BPU crew will not clean out the service line.? The Paris BPU crew will only address problems in the main sewer line.
If wastewater is backing up into the customer’s 德扑棋牌游戏apphome, please call Paris BPU to report IMMEDIATELY.
If a sewer service line is broken underneath the street or sidewalk and needs to be repaired, Paris BPU personnel will perform the repair.? All other repairs to service lines are the responsibility of the 德扑棋牌游戏apphomeowner.
Security Light and Street Light Outages
To report a security or street light outage, please call our main office at (731) 642-1322 and speak to the operator.? The light can usually be fixed within 3-4 working days.